Monday, February 9

Irish Chain Twist Quilt-A-Long

 http://www.happyquiltingmelissa.com/2015/02/irish-chain-twist-quilt-long-cutting.html

This week's assignment was to cut all of the fabric for our quilt.  Wow!  That's the first time I've cut everything in preparation for a quilt.  I'm making a 60" x 70" quilt so I had a "few" cuts to make.  It probably took me an hour and a half with a few interruptions.  I think using pre-cuts (like Charm packs or Layer Cakes), tends to make us lazy.  I'm not sure I dislike lazy :)


I'm making this quilt for my daughter so she selected the fabric.  She chose pink and grey with sashing of blue and a white background.  I think she did a good job.  I think it'll all go really well together.

There's still time to join in the fun if you're interested.  There are prizes for the weekly "assignments" (like this week is a $15 gift certificate for Green Fairy Quilts which is one of my favorite places to get pre-cuts).  Just head over to Happy Quilting to get all of the details! 


3 comments:

  1. Great job getting all of your cutting done Jenny ;) I think you are going to find how awesome it is to have everything cut before you start sewing :) I love the fabrics your daughter choose, just beautiful ;) So glad to have you along ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fabrics your daughter picked. Took me a couple hours to get them all cut.

    ReplyDelete