Sunday, February 8

A Nametag Finish

My quilt guild meetings are on the 2nd Tuesday of each month, which means I needed to finish up my nametag.  I made a few variations and even made two lanyards before I decided to use a Marmalade mini charm to design something.  This is what I started with this afternoon.

Add a little hand embroidery...


Here's the back.  I added two mini charms to use if I'm given cards.  I'm planning on wearing my nametag when I go to QuiltCon in Austin this month so hopefully that'll come in handy:)


After quilting and binding..

And add the lanyard for a finish!


I'm really happy with the finished nametag because it really represents me and where I'm at with my quilting.  I'm doing the massive hst quilt project so doing the pinwheels will remind me of that.  And, I added my name too close to the edge so when I added the binding it almost cut off the "c" in "Ec."  BUT, that's where I'm at with my quilting.  I'm not that good yet.  That's ok.  I'm a work in progress, and I'm learning.  And, I love the learning of it all.  That's pretty much how I view life.  Once we stop learning, and wanting to try new things, what's left? 

1 comment:

  1. Cute name tag which reminds me I need to make one for my guild meeting too....and some other things.

    ReplyDelete