Tuesday, February 17

Off to QuiltCon and X blocks prepared

Anyone else out there headed to Austin this week for QuiltCon?  I'm so excited because I get to take a class with Katy Jones of I'm a Ginger Monkey.  She always makes me laugh when I read her blog so I'm hoping it'll be a fun day learning and laughing with her.  I've read she's going through a divorce so I hope to give her a big-o Oklahoma hug!

Here's the X block I'm working on for the Irish Chain Twist Quilt-A-Long.  I gotta tell ya, I've never done a quilt-a-long before (there is SO much I haven't done before in the quilting world) and it's kinda cool to go at a slow pace.  I usually pick a quilt I'm working on and I work on it until it's done.  That can be both exciting and boring.  This is awesome because I can do little snibbits of this quilt for Beautiful Face (my nickname for my daughter) and go back to other quilt-stuff, like the swap for my guild or the black & white for my son.  See, I can work on a bit of each and mix it up enough to keep it exciting!

I loved how these looked like little sailboats before I ironed them open.  Too cute!





I have got to include just a few pics from a sunrise from late last week.  Guys, I can't begin to express how overwhelmed with love I feel when I wake to mornings like this.  God is up there making the day just so beautiful.  I try to carry that beauty with me all day.  It's too easy to get caught up in the "yucky" rather than remembering that He doesn't want us unhappy, mad, angry.  He wants us to love and to see the beauty in everyone around us.  Hard to do sometimes, but I work on it. daily.




 



2 comments:

  1. Great job getting your blocks all sewn and pressed!! They look great!! And I am so glad you are enjoying the pace of the QAL ;) It really is fun to get to bounce back and forth a bit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Love the pace ;) I've only been quilting for a year so everything I'm doing is new. Your quilt-a-long is awesome (thank you again for organizing it!) because I get to learn from someone much more "pro" than I am while not feeling pressured that it all needs to be complete this minute! Weekly assignments are right up my alley :) Thank you as well, Melissa, for writing each time we complete an assignment. The quilting community is SO friendly and welcoming!

      Delete