Wednesday, February 11

xPlus Block

I attended my first quilt guild meeting last night!  Woo hoo!  It was really fun to meet others who share my love of quilting.  We started a swap last night so I was happy to have found the group at just the right time.  It'll be an 8 month commitment, making 6 blocks each month.  I hope that my new sewing skills are up to the challenge.  It's a weird feeling, making blocks for others, and feeling the responsibility of making something that will be found acceptable.  I'm a bit nervous but I'm keeping with my attitude to push myself this year!

Here's the first block I did as a practice today.  We're supposed to use scraps but since I haven't been quilting as long as many of the others who are participating, mine may turn into less scrappy.  This one is made from scraps.  It's not really acceptable because the points all don't meet up and see how the left side of the "plus" is longer than the right side??  Um.  Not too good.  It'll be turned into a coaster or maybe I'll keep it to add to those that I receive from the swap.  What do you think?

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment