Tuesday, February 3

Love..Faith..Hope

I am so excited to have finished this quilt top last night.  It started out as a quilt my daughter was going to make for me.  She abandoned it when I pointed out that she was sewing her seams at 1/2" rather than 1/4".  She gets so frustrated with me when I criticize; anyone else get that from their daughters??
Rows needing to be connected.
I added three rows of solid fabric from the Boho line.  I cut "Love," "Faith" and "Hope" from extra layer cake squares and added them to the solid rows.  It's super long at over 7 feet but it'll cover hubby and me when we actually get to snuggle together on the couch. 
I used red thread to sew the words onto the solid rows.

The words will eventually fray but that'll add to the look, I think.

I'm going to add white borders to the sides but not the top just to make it a little wider.  This quilt really will go well with our living room; we've got all of these colors represented.  I can't wait to get it finished. 

Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers a multitude of sins. ~ 1 Peter 4:8

No comments:

Post a Comment