Monday, January 19

Fabric Selected ... Let's get going

I live in Oklahoma.  It's January.  It is usually so cold (it is winter after all) but some days we have Spring-like days.  It's a cruel joke really because the cold will return.  An ice storm may arrive next week for all the weatherman knows.  But, for a few short days, we can dream of warmer days to come.  Some people start planning their gardens.  A lot get work done outside, like raking those last leaves or fixing fences.  Our lovely piano teacher, Faye, had her hubby get her garden plowed and the ground prepared.  Such has been our existence the past few days.  We were able to deliver food for our food pantry to four need families today in flip flops.  No complaining here!

I was determined to get started on my half-square triangle quilts.  My son decided he wanted the black and white quilt.  Daughter, Emily, decided on one of my fat quarter bundles, Honeysweet from Fig Tree & Co, as her version.
These are the fabrics she selected to use in three blocks each.


These are the 31 fat quarters she chose from the line to use.

We'll have 72 blocks.  She's selected 31 fat quarters from the line so we'll use each fat quarter in two different blocks and 10 of the 31 in three blocks. 

Tomorrow, the cutting begins.  I am so excited to get started on these.

Here's my sketch of every block.  I colored them on graph paper so I can easily see the layout while at the sewing machine.  It was fun to do but took a bit of time! 




If you can believe it, my son accused me of being wasteful for not putting the last few blocks on the back of the first page.  I have reams and reams which were bought for math classes (and never used) so I don't think he should think so badly of his sweet mama.  I mean, really!

If you like banana cake, I baked a long-time family favorite yesterday.  It's got a yummy frosting which makes hubby think of carrot cake.  I like that it's an easy one-bowl cake recipe and even quicker frosting recipe.  It must be a recipe that I got off of Pinterest long ago because I've noticed it being reposted a lot lately.  Probably because it's so yummy!  Jump over to my Recipes link above if you'd like to read more.

When I pray to God tonight, I'm going to thank Him for my many blessings.  The warm weather, children who keep me challenged, money to buy groceries to make yummy food for my family and hands to do good work.  It's been an awesome day.

No comments:

Post a Comment