Friday, January 30

A Lanyard for a Nametag


My quilt guild is having us make nametags to wear at each meeting.  I've never actually been to a meeting (yet) but I want to be ready for February's so... I started by making a lanyard.  It was pretty easy.  I used scraps that were about 2 1/2 inches wide and sewed them together in one long strip.
Then, I ironed the seams, pressing them open to create less bulk.  Isn't my ironing board cover crazy in color?  It's bright and cherry, but it does interfere with pictures :(
 
Here's a close-up of seams open

Then, I folded the whole long piece in half and finger pressed it so I could see where the half-way mark was.  I folded each side up/down to that mark and ironed.  I folded the halves together and sewed down the open side and then back up the closed/fold side.

I put my fabric through the clip and then sewed the two ends together.  The clip I selected was from Hobby Lobby and has another clasp that will allow me to add my nametag once it's quilted (that'll be another post).  This was so fun and easy.  It probably took me more time to select the fabric than to actually sew and iron it all together!  Are you that way too?  I could spend hours picking through fabric!



Here's the sunrise from this morning!  What a GREAT day it'll be:)

I will walk by faith even when I can not see.  ~ 2 Corinthians 5:7

2 comments:

  1. I love this lanyard! Our guild had us make fabric name tags, but they are big, bulky, and lopsided due to a heavy pin on one side. This would work so much better and not tear any shirts either. Thanks for the directions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marti, I'm so very happy that I was able to post something that someone out there in our big world found useful! It really made my day:) If you'd like to follow my blog, you may enter your email address at the top of my blog (on the top right). Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete