Friday, January 16

Worn


Are you worn out?  Or tired?  Like, the world is filled with crazy people and they're all directing their crazy at you?  I feel that way sometimes.  Then I spend an afternoon with great grandma.  Well, she's hubby's grandma but great grandma to our kiddos.  Daughter Emily is Emily Margaret named for great grandma Margaret.  It's an hour to get to her house and traffic is usually bad due to it being a path for truckers.  I'm usually stressed by the time we get there.  Then, I see their connection, Emily and Margaret.  I see the love between a 12 year-old and her 88 year-old namesake.




God has a way of calming us, if we allow Him to.  He gives us exactly what we need when we need it.  I feel so blessed that my daughter gets to grow up knowing her great grandma and that they are so important to each other.

On to quilting news since that's probably why you're here.  I saw this quilt on Pinterest a few weeks ago:

 
I'm loving that it is all half square triangles.  I haven't done any quilts yet using them, so I'm starting on two versions of this quilt.  I'm going to do the black and white like the example and I'm going to do a scrappy one.  I am following the instructions given at: http://knitnlit.blogspot.com/.  She has awesome instructions and pics, so head over there and check out her blog!  I plan on completing at least four blocks for each quilt each week.  There are 72 blocks for this baby so I'm hoping to get more done than four each week or it'll take me 18 weeks to complete.  I want to really enjoy it so if it takes me that long, that's ok too.  Posts to follow as I complete each block!

No comments:

Post a Comment