Tuesday, January 20


Wow! was all I could think when I woke to this spectacular sunrise today!  I went to bed with such tremendous thankfulness and then awoke to a brand new day with a painting from God.  The colors, the silhouettes of the trees and the clouds were all just amazing together.  Do you ever feel like God has created something special just for you and your eyes?  I surely do :)

The reason I went to bed with such feelings of gratitude was Vicki who blogs at 2 Bags Full.   I had prayed as I plopped myself at my computer that God tell me if I should even be starting a blog, taking the time from family for something that may never be seen.  Now, I love Pinterest but I wasn't thinking I should sit and "waste" what little time I had that evening to looking up quilts.  Still, that's what I did!  I clicked on a link to a bright scrap block by Kelly at My Quilt Infatuation.  I almost never read comments, again due to time constraints, but I found myself not only reading them but then clicking on one of the links to a lady who left a comment.  I was beginning to question my sanity as I looked over her blog!

That's when I saw a post about her participating in Vicki's Grow Your Blog event.  I followed that link to Vicki's blog and searched for the 2015 event.  Although the deadline for participation had passed, I reached out to Vicki to thank you for creating such an event.  God must have been providing me a lot of grace that night because Vicki SO nicely allowed me to join.  Please don't take this as an invitation to beg her in the future if you're late.  I wasn't expecting to be allowed to join; deadlines are deadlines, people!  I think she is such an amazing person for wanting to help those who are new to blogging.  Who does such kind things like that, anyway??

You know, well, probably you don't but a neighbor who is about 10 years younger than I am once gave me a compliment that went something like, "When I grow up, I want to be just like you." 

That's how I feel about Vicki.  When I'm an "older" blogger, I want to be able to help those who may need it. I certainly will use her as an inspiration to try and help provide useful quilting and baking tips on my blog!

The Grow Your Blog Hop will begin on January 25th.  I'll be doing a give-away but you'll have to wait until the 25th to find out what I've decided.  Since my blog is SO new, I've got some quick changes to make.  It's a little intimidating to think that there may actually be people who will read (or not) my blog soon.  I guess it's time to get real.

No comments:

Post a Comment